The journey of ”gateau de voyage” from Paris to Budapest
At August Confectionery in Fény Street Christmas time is all about traditions and the classic cake culture of the Monarchy era. József Auguszt’s name and his personality is the guarantee that when it comes to ingredients, taste and appearance, the cakes available in the confectionery are worthy of the fame of the nearly 150 year old pastry dinasty.
Beyond this – just like every year – a lot of seasonal novelties are made for the holidays. Ibolya Auguszt recently made a study visit in the famous confectionery in Paris, Belluet Conseil, and she had the chance to learn something new from Jean-Michael Perruchon, the great master confectioner, and she was also inspired to refresh the offers for Christmas. Beside the lighter, fruity glass desserts the novelty of this season is „gateau de voyage”, which means „travelling cake”, that is in a gift box and we can carry it anywhere if we go to visit relatives and frineds, but it’s also a great present to give. Cakes for this purpose got a new design of wrapping from Olivér Auguszt who represents the new generation. The traditional orange colour remained, but now it also has a logo inspired by the old crest and some other design elements.
The week before Christmas customers can also find a novelty with fig filling, beside the well known walnut and poppy seed sweet bread. Our confectionery is opened till noon on December 24th, and reopens from December 27th and 31st.
- Walnut and poppy seed sweet bread
- Christmas bundt cake
- Moskauer with brown and white chocolate
- Csokoládés narancsív
- Chocolate orange arc
- Dates filled with candied orange peel
- Salty cookies
- Beggar crowns, bonbons and sweet cookies
- Chocolate roll
- “Chocolate dog” – chocolate tunnel filled with orange jam, with toasted almond
- Spicy, treacly quince
- Baked apple cream with cinnamon, whipped cream and white chocolate
- Chestnut mousse with meringue and candied chestnut
- Lemon-poppy seed biscuit
- Chocolate bread
- Tropical bread with passion fruit and coconut
- Pistachio bread with rasberry
- Sweet bread
PHOTOS: MILÁN TÓTH / tothmilan.hu